Translate

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Midnight Madness

Not in an attempt to humor myself with comparison to Cynderella or anything fairy tales, but due to my silly life playing a little joke on me with my strange schedule, every midnight becomes a significant turning point in my night. My beauty is known to be comparable to sleeping beauty while I am catching my happy dreams however if I was suddenly awaken from my deep sleep, unlike the sleeping beauty, I would turn into a beast myself and destroy that prince charming in a snap. This horrifying situation can be avoided as long as I get my minimum of 6 hours of sleep. Due to unfortunate circumstance, my alarm clock screams out cheerful dance tune at 6 AM. With less than 6 hours of beauty sleep, this cheerful tune can turn into someone's funeral song. So I try to avoid this situation by going to bed by midnight.

After dinner and movie with friends, I have to schedule my travel time and preparation for bed so I can start wandering into the dream land by midnight. Usually I am very good at avoiding the distractions of the world and fall asleep the second I lay down. However, in the past few months, I have been struggling with this precious gift of sleep. Often I will be tossing and turning till 2 or 3 or waking up in the middle of the night with nightmares. There were few times I was unsuccessful at sleeping all night long.

Hence, my midnight madness started. Every night as the night approaches it's darkest hour, I form a forecast of the night. If there seems to be signs of hindrances, I take any measures to avoid or resolve it before the time comes. Modern medications, herbal medications, some home remedies, meditation, exercise, boring books and combinations of some. So far none of them seem to have the ultimate power over my failure of sufficient sleep.

If any of you have any idea how to fall asleep quickly at night, please feel free to drop me a line and end my Midnight Madness.

PS... If my neighbor who has watching me doing cartwheels, handstand, and various twisting at midnte through my window, please understand I am not insane. I am a human being just like yourself. Just need to get good 6 hours of beauty sleep every night. So stop looking at me funny..... =)

Wish me good nite.... xoxoxo

Originally Posted on August 2001

No comments: